Atonomi provides a new security protocol and infrastructure to enable billions of IoT devices to have trusted interoperability for both data and commerce.
The key innovation of Atonomi is to root the identity and reputation of devices on a blockchain-based immutable ledger. We accomplish this by building and incentivizing an ecosystem of participants to maintain decentralized consensus for device transactions on the Atonomi Network.
“Secure interoperability is essential for the Internet of Things to reach its full potential. The Atonomi blockchain technology vision for a global service that enables secure transactions and commerce through device identity and reputation is something Arm is excited to see realized.”
Ian Ferguson, VP Ecosystem Development, IoT Services Group at Arm
Vertically focused IoT companies are building diverse new applications for both controlled and autonomous device-to-device interactions, but the attack surface represented by billions of IoT devices – most of which are now unprotected or poorly protected – could enable hackers to disrupt the services that is expected to control many aspects of our lives in the coming years.
By building on the Atonomi Security Protocol, application developers can unleash the power of IoT.
Healthcare providers use the Atonomi Network to secure IoT devices – in the hospital or home
- Heart monitors, insulin pumps, and other devices can securely communicate from home to clinic
- An inventory sensor can autonomously re-order blood by type according to electronic health records, surgery schedules, and historical ER needs
- Patients can elect to share anonymized device readings with researchers to advance science and guard against adverse impacts
Homeowner secures and enables smart home with Atonomi Tokens
- Consumers can register smart home devices with the Atonomi Network
- Device identity is validated for devices within the home to protect against security risks
- Registered IoT devices, like a smart thermostat, can autonomously and securely buy electric power from the lowest cost provider
Manufacturers securely deploy new IoT devices via Atonomi Network
- A manufacturing plant can securely deploy new devices, knowing they have been validated by Atonomi
- Upon activation the IoT device registers onto the Atonomi Network, where its identity is validated using an encrypted key and other secure data
- Registered devices can securely interact with other devices, protecting against security risks from unknown devices
Municipalities can securely link IoT devices to enhance citywide operations
- A city can combine big data and machine learning to automate IoT device interactions, secured by the Atonomi Network
- From smart street lights to coordinated devices to reduce congestion and pollution, secured IoT can enhance livability
- Citywide distribution of devices protected by the Atonomi Network